Change the text size by following the instructions given below for your browser:
- PC - Internet Explorer 6
From the top menu bar, select View and then Text size
- PC - Internet Explorer 7
From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and then Text size
- PC - Other browsers
Increase text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press +
Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press –
- Mac - all browsers
Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press +
Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press –
The background and text colours of the site have been chosen to ensure a clear contrast, however you can also change the default colours via the settings in your browser.
Forcing web pages to use your preferred colours in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on "Tools," then "Internet Options."
- Click on the "General Tab," then the "Colours" button.
- Uncheck "Use Windows Colours."
- Chose the colours you would like for Text, Background, Visited and Unvisited. Click "OK."
- Click on the "Accessibility" button. Check the "Ignore Colours Specified on Webpages" box. Click "OK" twice.
Forcing web pages to use your preferred colours in Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on "Tool," then "Options."
- Click on the "Content" tab then the "Colours" button.
- Choose new colours for the Text, Background, Unvisited Links and Visited Links.
- Next, uncheck the box "Allow pages to choose their own colours, instead of my selections above" and click "OK" twice to Save your changes.
All images used on this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
PDF Files and screen readers
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files. If you do not already have this installed on your computer, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
If you have difficulty reading a PDF file via a screen reader, Adobe have a free online conversion tool to convert the documents into HTML or ASCII text, which can be read by many screen reading programs. Use the online PDF conversion tool.Video
This website site includes video files which we hope will enrich your experience. Depending on your connection speed, it may take you varying amounts of time to download the video before watching it.
One of the following players will usually be required in order to play the file:
- Apple Quicktime player
- Windows Media Player - Windows PC only
- Play Windows Media Player files (.wma, .wmv) in Quicktime player - free plugin download
- Flash player for Windows and Mac
We aim to make this site accessible to everyone. If you are having problems accessing information on the site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know:
- which material you wanted to access
- the problem you experienced
- the browser you were using to view this page