It is important that carers have the breaks and support they need to remain fit and well and to be able to do more of the things that matter to them.
Welsh Government has asked Carers Trust Wales to find out from carers what types of short breaks, respite or replacement care make the most difference.
Our survey, which is for carers aged 16 or over, can be accessed at:
This survey will help us to understand what works best for you. We will use this information to inform Welsh Government and to help them look at how respite provision can best be delivered across Wales.
When a question in this survey asks about “respite” this can include:
- Attending social activities with or without the person you care for (including dementia cafes, carer support groups, book clubs, choirs, arts and crafts groups etc)
- Daytime respite (where the person(s) you care for is/are looked after in their own home or another location)
- Overnight respite (where the person(s) you care for is/are looked after in their own home or another location)
- Weekend breaks with or without the person(s) you care for
- Holidays with or without the person(s) you care for
You may withdraw consent at any time by closing the survey and not submitting it. We will not ask for your name or address and all responses will be anonymised.
If you have any queries about this survey please contact Kate Cubbage:
- Via email.
- By calling 0300 772 9702
- Or writing to: Carers Trust Wales, Transport House, 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9HA